Hospice – Eligibility
Hospice services are available to patients of all ages based on the following criteria:
• The patient must live in our geographical service area.
• The patient must have a life expectancy of six months or less.
• The patient and family must be aware of the patient’s prognosis and no longer be seeking life-prolonging measures.
• There must be a responsible person available to give care in the home, or a person who plans to do so when care is needed.
• The attending physician must be in agreement with the hospice concept and willing to participate with the patient’s hospice care program.
• If requested, our hospice director Dr. Larry Leone is able to act as attending hospice physician.